Monday, August 23, 2010

Monster Mania

If your little one is anything like mine, monsters aren't scary- they are friends!  The furrier, sillier and googlier (is that even a word?) the better!

Crafts
Handprint monster puppet- little handprints will help turn a paper bag into a fun puppet

Monster Mask- we'll use a paper plate to create this great pretend play aide

Hand and Footprint Painting- Eva's prints will be transformed into some unique creatures

Activities
Make-a-Monster Felt Board- eyes, ears, horns, fangs... the monsters we can create will be endless

Monster Mash- we will boogie away to some monster classics like Monster Mash and The One Eyed, One Horned Flying Purple People Eater

Books
Leonardo, the Terrible Monster (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards)) My Monster Mama Loves Me So Most Loved Monster Kipper's Monster Francis the Scaredy Cat Monster Mess! Mrs. Muffly's Monster Where's the BabyMinerva the MonsterJeremy Draws a Monster I Need My Monster The Patterson Puppies and the Midnight Monster Party

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through a link on Teach Preschool on Facebook. Have enjoyed looking farther. Love all the books you connect with your ideas. I'm trying to post more about the books we read with our activities at countryfun.edublogs.org, and your site has given me some ideas.
    Thank you. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Leonardo the Terrible Monster. I just read it to my Kindergartners this week. Such a good story.

    ReplyDelete