Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Monster Math

I love how this craft evolved!  My initial plan was to have Eva make some cute monsters using her hand and foot prints.  She took it a step further and made it a counting activity as well.  To start Eva chose four color paints to use and I painted her hands and feet.  She stamped them on a piece of yellow cardstock.
When they were dry, I got out the googly eyes and Eva decided that her monsters would have 1, 2, 3 and 4 eyes.
I added the numbers and mouths and we ended up with some really cute monsters!
abc button

8 comments:

  1. That is adorable! I'm so glad your daughter took it a "step" further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some cute monters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. Think I'll be doing this with my younger preschool children. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I love the eyes on each of the fingers. What a fun counting activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! And you know how much I love all things handprint/footprint. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete