Monday, January 17, 2011

Snowflake Silhouettes

I thought these silhouette trees were so pretty that we just had to try the technique.  Rather than trees, we made snowflakes.  I cut some strips of painters' tape and Eva helped design some simple snowflakes on a sheet of cardstock.  Then we mixed up two colors of paint- purple and turquoise (Eva's two most favorite colors)- with a little water and some glitter.  Eva then painted all over the paper.
When the paint dried, we peeled off the tape and discovered the beautiful snowflakes we had created!
They are hanging near our calendar and I love how the glitter sparkles in the sun.
abc button

6 comments:

  1. Love this! Going to do this tomorrow during our trip to the Artic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great! Love the addition of the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art project - simple but pretty! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! We love working with tape, the effects are so lovely and the youngest can have fun!


    I would LOVE for you to join us at Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday on Red Ted Art) - current link up http://www.redtedart.com/2011/01/19/kids-get-crafty-penguins-boys-umbrellas-card-board-boxes/
    Hope to see you there!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is so cute. My Children would love this type of craft. I think we will do it sometime soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, that is so pretty! My favorite colors plus sparkle! Thanks for the great how-to, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete