Sunday, May 15, 2011

We're Back!!!!

Thank you to all of you who have been so patient over the last few weeks.  I have definitely been in a bit of a blogging slump.  I don't even know if slump is the right term.  It's more like blogger's block.  I've done a lot of reflecting and come to the conclusion that I'm just not loving the direction I decided to take the blog this year.  While learning about new places is fun and exciting, it doesn't seem to be enough to keep Eva's (or my) attention.  I think I was just too structured in what I planned for the year and then I felt trapped.  So I've decided to let go of my need to plan out everything and go more with the flow.  Occasionally I will still do theme weeks and the like, but now that Eva is old enough to initiate her own ideas and select things that interest her, I'm going to let her be my guide.  Throughout the next week I'll be sharing some activities we've done that I felt didn't "fit in" with my plans and therefore didn't post.  (I swear, we haven't been sitting around staring at the walls lately!)  Thank you again for your support and I can't wait to be back in the blogging world!

4 comments:

  1. Gone through the exact same thing here! Enjoy your "off" time and take it easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I've felt that I had started to blog more just to have something to link up to other blogs! Still learning, just pushing less themes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kara,
    I'll be interested in what Eva comes up with in the next while.
    Sounds like you'll be emphasizing more of the fun aspect of blogging - you don't want it to be a chore.
    Good for you for listening to yourself.
    I've started following you here, after reading your guest post at Greening Sam and Avery.
    Cheers!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just let it happen without thinking or planning it too much. I worry about my blog posts too because I always wanted soemthing new and fresh and I have realized that sometimes life just gets in the way!

    www.littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete